We have highlighted how powerfully invasive and resourceful Android spy apps can be, but what can you do to ensure you are not being tracked by a cell phone tracker? There are anti spy applications that can help but you need to keep a few things in mind when choosing an anti Spyware app.
Ironically, though these apps are anti spyware, antivirus and anti-malware applications, they are cell phone trackers in their own right, which is not a bad thing in an off itself but you should be aware how they can work for and against you. If you loose your cell phone it is good to be able to pull up a map to see where your phone may be. Nevertheless, the following apps can remove most, if not all, Android spy apps.
Lookout Mobile Security (free) – This Android security app is considered to be one of the best and no wonder; in addition to being able to block and remove spyware it can:
- Scan every app downloaded to ensure that it is safe
- Schedule daily and weekly security scans
- Prevents virus from moving from your phone to your computer
- Automatically protects against the latest threats
- Locate your lost phone
- Backup and restore your contacts and media content
- Block malware, spyware and phishing apps
- Remotely wipe contacts and files from your phone if it is lost or stolen.
McAfee Mobile Security (free) – McAfee is a well-known and respected antivirus company that is wholly owned by Intel. McAfee now has mobile security solutions for phones and Tablets such as those found on the Android platform. Like Lookout it can safeguard your phone from mobile virus and spyware just like any really good anti virus program should. Other advance features include:
- Data backup and restore
- Remotely lock the device from the web or via a SMS sent from another device
- Block risk sites (i.e., scam and phishing sites)
- Have the device sound an alarm when it goes missing. You may be able to hear the alarm and locate the device if it is near.
- Remotely wipe data from the phone
- The ability to remotely access data that is on the phone
- Display a message on your device so whoever finds your lost phone can know how to get it back to you.
- Track the current SIM card in order to recover the phone.
A Double-Edge Sword
Note that while these apps can remove cell phone spy apps for your Android they can also be used to pinpoint where the phone is located. Therefore, it is possible that someone can use these same apps, that you had intended to use and protect your privacy, to do the opposite. If any of these security apps is installed on your phone, ensure that you have full control of who has access to the app’s tracking account that is setup online, because they can be used to retrieve data from the device and track you as well.