Family Tracker allows you to monitor someone who is carrying an Android or iOS device. It is a convenient way to see where a spouse, child or fiancée is currently located. In fact, if Family Tracker is installed you can use an Android to track another Android and also an Android to track an iPhone and visa versa.
How it works
Once Family Tracker is installed, on the device you wish to track, you can use Family Tracker’s web interface to see a map based representation of where the iPhone or Android device is located, or you can use the mobile version, that is installed on another phone, to check the other phone’s location whenever you want to. As a bonus, any two devices that have Family Tracker installed can message each other without incurring an additional charge.
Each device on which the tracker is installed has the option to automatically report its location (from every 1 min. to every 1 hour) or can be set to report its location on demand. Whether or not the automatic tracking service is disabled, you can always force the tracked device to report its location at anytime.
To get a current location update of the device you can ping it, which means you will send a tracking notification to the phone or Tablet using the “Stealthy Ping” feature. However, for this feature to work, the targeted device has to have Family Tracker ver. 2.4.4 or above installed. Other notable features include:
- iPhone users can track Android users and vice versa
- No monthly or periodic fees
- You can remotely force updates whether or not the application is running and without the user having to take an action
- The ability to send a “Stealthy Ping”, which will force an automatic location update of the remote device without the person carrying the phone being notified
- Even if the phone is rebooted, Family Tracker will automatically resume tracking and updating its position when the phone is turn back on
- Free texts between devices
- Find your phone when lost or stolen
- Force the device to make a sound even if the phone is on vibrate or silent setting
- Track Android cell phones and iPhones as well from anywhere you can get onto the Internet
- There are no limits to the number of devices that can be tracked
- Tablet compatible – including Motorola Xoom
We have highlighted how powerfully invasive and resourceful Android spy apps can be, but what can you do to ensure you are not being tracked by a cell phone tracker? There are anti spy applications that can help but you need to keep a few things in mind when choosing an anti Spyware app.
Ironically, though these apps are anti spyware, antivirus and anti-malware applications, they are cell phone trackers in their own right, which is not a bad thing in an off itself but you should be aware how they can work for and against you. If you loose your cell phone it is good to be able to pull up a map to see where your phone may be. Nevertheless, the following apps can remove most, if not all, Android spy apps.
Lookout Mobile Security (free) – This Android security app is considered to be one of the best and no wonder; in addition to being able to block and remove spyware it can:
- Scan every app downloaded to ensure that it is safe
- Schedule daily and weekly security scans
- Prevents virus from moving from your phone to your computer
- Automatically protects against the latest threats
- Locate your lost phone
- Backup and restore your contacts and media content
- Block malware, spyware and phishing apps
- Remotely wipe contacts and files from your phone if it is lost or stolen. Continue reading Android Anti Spyware Security Apps
The range of Android cell phone trackers goes far beyond just mobile spy software, they can in fact help you recover a lost or stolen cell phone, help you discover what your kid’s are using their phones for, or keep an eye on a straying spouse or partner.
Parental Control – One can argue at length, for and against, the right of children to have privacy, to the extent that parents are prevented from looking at what they are using their phones, Tablets and computers for. In any case parents have a responsibility to protect their children against the sexting craze, sexual predators and the influence of deviant peers. Parents can use parental control software to monitor their kid’s cell phone activity (i.e. view SMS and web browsing logs), locate them at a moments notice and take proactive action to protect them against themselves and others.
The notion that parents have to invade a child’s privacy to use parental control software is not true. There are parental control apps that can monitor a child’s cell phone without invading the child’s privacy. Continue reading The Best Android Cell Phone Trackers and What they can Do